Friday, January 6, 2012

peace

It's been a quiet, cozy sort of day. The sky is steel gray and the outside is cold, but here in my home the wood fire is toasty. Candles are burning and soup is simmering away in the crockpot. It's sensory heaven in my cozy home.
This past month has been a lovely one. We have remembered how fun it is to play family games at night. Sequence, Wizard, Rummy, Blokus...so much fun to be together. Winter may have her faults, but she forces us to slow down and enjoy our evenings together. I thank her for that. Now if she would just dump a foot of snow on us. I would really like to give my snowshoes a workout. And I know some boys who are yearning to ski.
It looks like our weekend will be more of the same. I am not complaining. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment